Ask Me How I Know: Marijuana Use Increases the Risk for Suicide
Featured expert: Sally Schindel
Time: 2:00-2:45 AM MOUNTAIN
Sally’s son Andy left an important message in a suicide note: “Marijuana killed my soul + ruined my brain.” She speaks and writes to Help Andy Help Others, educating youth and families about the risks and harms of THC.
After attending this 45-minute webinar, attendees will learn the answers to these questions:
- Is suicide risk increased with marijuana use?
- Is there still suicide risk after marijuana use cessation?
- What are signs of suicide risk?
- What can families do if they observe suicide ideation?
- Are there known suicide deaths from marijuana use?
Sally is the Founder of Marijuana Victims Alliance, a volunteer with Marijuana Harmless—Think Again, and on the Advisory Council for Johnny’s Ambassadors. She is a frequent speaker on Victim Advocacy for Marijuana Related Death or Loss, Marijuana Role in Addiction and Suicides, and Networking with Other Families Suffering Loss. Additionally, she was instrumental in the formation of Moms Strong and is active in Parents Opposed to Pot and Every Brain Matters.
Email Founder & CEO, Laura Stack, at [email protected].