Johnny’s Ambassadors has gathered these activities for coalitions to use in their schools and communities for Red Ribbon week, Oct. 23-31. This year’s theme is “Celebrate Life, Live Drug Free!” So, we are providing ideas to help you raise public awareness about the dangers of today’s high-THC marijuana on adolescent brain development, mental illness, and suicidality, so our youth can live drug free!
In addition to the activities below, you can also schedule a community webinar presented by Laura Stack on “The Dangerous Truth About Today’s Marijuana: Johnny Stack’s Life and Death Story!” We have webinars scheduled with livedrugfree.org, TPAUD, Trumbull’s Prevention Partnership, Bulloch Alcohol & Drug Council in GA, and the Town of Westport, CT. If you want us to provide registration for you, our GoToWebinar platform holds 1000 attendees and will be provided at no additional charge. Please email me to check on your preferred date/time that week. Go here for a list of testimonials and coalition partners. Promotional materials for the webinars may be found here, and you can read more about the presentation here.
Select some of these activities with your coalition, community, or school:
1. Get your Student Council to hold an anti-marijuana poster contest like we did nationally and post them around the school!
2. Each day, make a morning announcement and “Tip of the Day” to say over your public address system. Use our marijuana trivia or marijuana facts or any of our free graphics.
3. Distribute our middle school or high school prevention one-pagers to discuss in health class (or wherever your substance abuse prevention unit falls).
4. Play our marijuana trivia online gameshow in the classroom.
5. Show our whiteboard marijuana prevention videos during morning announcements or access.
6. Host a watch party of one of our Johnny’s Ambassadors Expert Webinars for parents and coalition members in your community. Distribute our research toolkits to parents.